Toddler killed in horror crash

Toddler killed in horror crash TweetFacebook CarnagePictures: ADRIAN POVEY, SAMUEL KLEIN and MARK JESSERA TODDLER has been killed in a horrific crash that left his father and brother in hospital.

Emergency services rushed to Spring Drive at Mulwala about 4pm on Sunday.

A Mitsubishi Lancer had crossed onto the wrong side of the road and hit a tree.

A three-year-old boy died at the scene and his brother, 4, was taken to Albury hospital in a serious but stable condition.

Their Albury father, aged 40, was airlifted to hospital for treatment.

Police are investigating the cause of the crash, which was one of several serious incidents on the roads in recent days.

A 30-year-old man allegedly tested positive to drugs after crashing at Ebden on Sunday with three young girls in the car.

His vehicle allegedly travelled onto the wrong side of the road and struck an oncoming four-wheel-drive towing a camper van about 1.50pm.

The four-wheel-drive also had four people on board.

HELP: Witnesses run over to the hot rod immediately after the crash to help the driver. The passenger was flung out of the car. Picture: SAMUEL KLEIN

The offending driveris facing 23 charges.

A man was also flung from a speeding red hot rod at Lavington in a smash that left the driver trapped.

Samuel Klein witnessed the incident, which occurred on Douglas Road about 5pm Sunday.

“We were all having an ultimate frisbee tournament and were just wrapping up,” he said.

“I don’t know if the driver saw us, but he started ripping up the tyres, speeding up.

“He started swerving and collided into three parked cars.

“One guy got thrown from the car and landed on the bonnet before hitting the ground, probably five metres away.”

A group of 10 people rushed to the vehicle but Mr Klein said there was not much that could be done except call Triple-0.

“The driver was crushed in on one side,” he said.

“The other guy was yelling out for help, he had a broken leg.

“The thing that worried me the most was that if it was life-threatening, I wouldn’t have known what to do.

Paramedics quickly arrived at the scene and took the 31-year-old Wodonga driver to hospital after freeing him.

The 36-year-old passenger was also taken to hospital.

Two motorbike riders were also hospitalised in separate crashes on Sunday.

The Border Mail

Comments are closed.